November 23, 2010 § Leave a comment
The very best credit card offers are the ones that give you more than they take; essentially, you’re looking for something that will be a benefit to you and not a detriment. You want to get something out of the deal, and avoid getting into debt!
Here’s a short list of possible benefits you should look for in a credit card:
- Low/no interest rate. Look for “0% APR”.
- Cash-back. Sometimes you get 1% or 1.5% back (of whatever you spend).
- Travel miles. Airline miles are available for a few airlines.
- Hotel rewards. Free rooms, baby!
- No annual fee. There’s no reason to pay to use the card.
There’s more to look for in a credit card offer – like the cool design on the front. But those are the main things you need to get. If you find a great card, just apply. Depending on your credit rating you might get approved and sent a new card.
If/when you DO get that card in the mail, have a plan for how you’ll use it! Only spend what you can actually pay each month. And the secret is: pay that bill each month. Read the rules (terms) of the card when you receive it, by the way, so you know what you must do to get cash back.
Follow these guidelines, and you’ll be sure to get a great offer on the right credit card!